Get The Look
5 Braid Ideas for Shorter Hair
Don’t feel left out of the braid craze just because you chopped off your locks in a spur of the moment hair transformation. These five braided looks are perfect for shorter hair.
1. Half Crown Braid
Get a romantic braided crown look on bob or lob length hair.
- Part hair to the side. Spray Stay Dirty on the front section of hair.
- Working on the heavy side of the part, Dutch braid the front section from the part to behind your ear. Secure with an elastic band and pin in place.
- Loosen the braid to give it volume. Secure any short, stray strands with bobby pins.
- Repeat steps 1-3 on the other side, if desired.
- Finish with Fierce.
2. Boho Fishtail
Rock a free-spirited and undone accent braid.
- Take a small section of hair from the temple area and spray with Stay Dirty.
- Working with just that section, loosely create a fishtail braid. Braid all the way to the end of the section and secure with an elastic band.
- Holding the elastic, pull on a few strands below the elastic to distress the braid. Pull sections of the braid and adjust until you’re happy with the result.
- Finish with Valor.
3. Braided Top Knot
Create a super cute, laid back, half-up look.
- Section off hair on the top part of the head, from forehead to crown, making it the width between your eyebrow arches. Leave the rest of the hair down.
- French braid the top section starting in the front and working back to the crown of your head. Secure with a small hair band at the crown. (Do not finish the braid. The remaining hair will be used for the top knot.)
- Spray Stay Dirty to add volume and texture to the hair held by the elastic and create a messy bun. Secure with another elastic.
- Finish with Fierce.
4. Faux Undercut
Create an edgy look without the commitment of clippers.
- Make a deep side part and clip away the larger section.
- Spray with Linger and tightly French braid the remaining hair on the side of the head, from the temple to the crown. Secure with bobby pins.
- Release main section of hair and style as desired.
5. Fierce Pompadour
Channel your fiercest attitude with this vintage inspired do.
- On damp hair, follow the steps in “Faux Undercut” and repeat on both sides, leaving a section of hair on top of the head.
- Spray remaining hair with Linger and smooth down in the back.
- Spray top section with Stay Dirty and Sway. Blow dry with a round brush to create volume.
- Smooth hair to desired height and finish with Fierce for shine and hold.