Get The Look
How To: Create the Lana Curl Using The Iron
Using a figure eight wrap technique, you can create a relaxed finger wave with just your fingers and The Iron.
- Take a 1 inch deep section of hair, about the width of your palm.
- With your fingers angled downward and palm facing the client’s head, wrap the section of hair around your pointer and middle finger in a figure eight pattern. For a more structured finger wave, start close to the scalp. For a more relaxed look, start the curl 1-2 inches from the scalp.
- Slide the 8 onto a foil pod, holding the center as you lock the pod in place using the two tabs.
- Heat the curl for 7-10 seconds and let cool.
- Once completely cooled, release the curl from the pod to reveal a beautiful S curl pattern.
- For more structured finger waves, use a setting spray like Fierce, or let the curl relax naturally for an effortlessly undone look.